Interactive Technologies Group (ITG) is a contracting company supporting the United States Department of Energy (DOE), Richland Operations Office (RL). Effective immediately, ITG has a position open to support the DOE RL, Assistant Manager for Safety and Environment (AMSE), in the following areas:
· Preparation for reviews and evaluations.
· Document reviews.
· Activity observations.
· Safety interviews.
· Documentation of completed evaluations.
· Communicate evaluations to DOE.
· Evaluation of contractor corrective actions.
· Evaluation of corrective action closure.
· Data gathering.
· Technical document review.
· Data reduction.
· Facility Representative Program support (e.g., assist in exam preparation, training preparation, compiling metrics, procedure review/update, etc.).
· Review/assessment team support.
· Interface with DOE-RL subject matter experts.
· Administrative functions.
· Perform actions to support the Operations Oversight Division (OOD).
· Provide written (primarily in the form of reports and entries into a shared database) and verbal communication (primarily in the form of briefs to OOD Director, Team Leads, and FRs) regarding activities performed in support of AMSE.
Provide draft reviews/evaluations/assessments of DOE-RL and Hanford Site contractors
Potential candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
· Substantial experience in the following;
o The field of nuclear conduct of operations.
o The field of construction safety and oversight.
· Fundamental understanding of nuclear, mechanical, electrical, chemical, and physical science concepts and their application to facility operations, environmental cleanup, facility D&D, waste management, including associated safety management programs;
· Experience in safety inspections, evaluations and assessments, incident investigation, management review, appraisal techniques, and quality assurance.
· Capable of reading, interpreting, and understanding the regulations associated with the DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, state and local, and related industry standards by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers and the American National Standards Institute.
· Excellent communication skills.
· U.S. Citizenship
Safety Consultants will be required to adhere to DOE and Hanford Site regulations concerning appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, with costs to be incurred at the employee's expense. DOE required training will be provided by ITG (and reimbursed by DOE). Any annual certifications and licensing required by this occupation are at the cost of the Safety Consultant
Safety Consultants will be required to travel at the Hanford Site to various locations dependent on the work assignment. There will be no reimbursement for travel within the locations listed below. Travel as coordinated with the technical point of contact and approved in writing by the Contracting Officer in advance, is allowed, in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations.
Work shall be conducted at the Department of Energy - Richland Operations Office, The Hanford Site, and Richland, WA.
During this time, safety consultants may be required to telework and should be telework ready with their own equipment and internet connections.