Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Interactive Technologies Group is seeking an experienced Safety Consultant to provide general support services to The United States Department of Energy (DOE) Hanford Site (Richland Operations Office (RL) and Office of River Protection (ORP)).
Title: Safety Consultant
Work Location: Hanford Site
Years of Experience: 7+ years
Clearance: Must be clearable for Public Trust
The Safety Consultant shall provide support in the following areas:
· Preparation for reviews and evaluations.
· Document reviews.
· Activity observations.
· Safety interviews.
· Documentation of completed evaluations.
· Communicate evaluations to DOE.
· Evaluation of contractor corrective actions.
· Evaluation of corrective action closure.
· Data gathering.
· Technical document review.
· Data reduction.
· Facility Representative Program support (e.g., assist in exam preparation, training preparation, compiling metrics, procedure review/update, etc.).
· Review/assessment team support.
· Interface with DOE subject matter experts.
· Administrative functions.
· Perform actions to support the Operations Oversight Division (OOD).
· Provide written (primarily in the form of reports and entries into a shared data base)
· and verbal communication (primarily in the form of briefs to the Director, Team Leads, and FRs) regarding activities performed.
· Provide draft reviews/evaluations/assessments of RL, ORP and Hanford Site contractors.
Candidates for this potential positions must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
· Substantial experience in the following;
o The field of nuclear conduct of operations.
o The field of construction safety and oversight.
· Fundamental understanding of nuclear, mechanical, electrical, chemical, and physical science concepts and their application to facility operations, environmental cleanup, facility D&D, waste management, including associated safety management programs;
· Experience in safety inspections, evaluations and assessments, incident investigation, management review and appraisal techniques, and quality assurance.
· Capable of reading, interpreting and understanding the regulations associated with the DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, state and local, and related industry standards by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers and the American National Standards Institute.
· Excellent communication skills.
· U.S. Citizenship
Personnel performing services under this call shall complete the following training (as applicable and identified). Training is provided through the DOE training provider:
· Mask Fit.
· Respiratory Training (Initial and Refresher).
· 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher or 40 hour, if required.
· Radiological Worker II (Initial and Refresher).
· Beryllium Worker (Initial and Refresher).
· HPMC Physical.
Work shall be conducted at the Department of Energy - Richland Operations Office, The Hanford Site, and Richland, WA.
During this time, safety consultants may be required to telework and should be telework ready with their own equipment and internet connections.
Copyright © 2018 Interactive Technologies Group, Inc.